We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
9348 State Highway 16,
Onalaska, WI 54650
Phone: (608) 781-5088
Fax: (608) 781-5087
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Sandhill Cranes, Hermit Thrushes, Fox Sparrows arrive on their migration south.
• Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Killdeer, Northern Flickers, Chipping Sparrows, Belted Kingfishers, Gray Catbirds and American Redstarts leaving the area.
• Last hummingbirds migrate south. Be sure to keep your feeders up, clean and filled at least two weeks after the last sighting.
• Redhead Ducks migrate.
• Brown Creepers, Purple Finches and Pine Siskins arrive for the winter.
• Wood Ducks, Eastern Phoebes, Eastern Bluebirds, Song and White-crowned Sparrows are leaving the area.
• Tundra Swans arrive at Rieck's Lake.
• Goldfinches molt into their "basic" brown winter plumage.
• Woodcock migration peaks.
• American Tree Sparrows arrive for the winter.
• Big-water ducks (scoters) can be seen moving through the region.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.