We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
9348 State Highway 16,
Onalaska, WI 54650
Phone: (608) 781-5088
Fax: (608) 781-5087
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• First Red-breasted Nuthatches arrive for winter.
• Male hummingbirds migrate south.
• Green-backed Herons, Lesser Yellowlegs, Whip-poor-wills, Eastern Kingbirds and Barn Swallows are heading south.
• Turkey Vultures, Osprey, Sharp-shinned and Broad-winged Hawks, Swainson's Thrush, American Redstarts, fall warblers, Red-winged Blackbirds, White-throated Sparrows are migrating through the area.
• Blue-winged Teal, Solitary and Spotted Sandpipers, Eastern Wood-Pewee, Eastern Screech-owls and Common Nighthawks are leaving the region.
• Hawk migrations begin in the north.
• Some Mourning Doves begin to migrate.
• First Juncos arrive for winter.
• Golden- and Ruby-crowned Kinglets and White-crowned Sparrows are moving.
• Ospreys, Chimney Swifts, Tree Swallows, Red-eyed Vireos and Grosbeaks leave the area.