We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
9348 State Highway 16,
Onalaska, WI 54650
Phone: (608) 781-5088
Fax: (608) 781-5087
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
• House Wrens are nesting.
• Canada Goose molting period begins in mid-June; they cannot fly during this time.
• Raccoon young are born.
• Titmice and chickadees will start a second nesting.
• Water perennial gardens for longer time and less often to force roots to grow down.
• White-tailed Deer fawns continue to be born this month.
• Bats are active at night seeking insects.
• Add suet dough to your feeding station during the hot summer.
• Keep your feeders and bird baths clean and your seed fresh.